North Korea accuses Trump of having “declared war”
The head of the North Korean diplomacy, Ri Yong Ho, in New York, September 25, 2017
The head of the North Korean diplomacy, Ri Yong Ho, accused Monday of US President Donald Trump of having “declared war” to his country, and threatened to defeat the American bombers approaching its coasts.
“All member states (of the UN) and the world should clearly remember that it was the United States that first declared war on our country,” Ri Yong Ho told New York.
“Since the United States declared war on our country, we have every right to take countermeasures, including the right to shoot down strategic bombers, even if they are not yet in the” airspace of our country, “the North Korean foreign minister added during statements to reporters.
“Trump affirmed that our leaders will no longer be in power for a long time,” Ri Yong Ho said. “The question of who will stay the longest will find an answer,” he said.
On Saturday, Ri Yong Ho, speaking to the United Nations General Assembly, had already denounced the remarks made by Donald Trump against his country a few days earlier, calling him a “deranged person” and a “megalomaniac” . The US president had threatened to “totally destroy” North Korea if it attacked the United States in its first solemn address to the United Nations.
On Saturday, as the North Korean diplomat made his speech at the UN, American bombers flew near the North Korean coast to send a “clear message” to Pyongyang, according to the Pentagon.